What is Reiki?
Reiki means universal life energy in Japanese. The art of Reiki is a system of gentle vibrational healing that was established by Dr. Usui in Japan in the late 19th century.
Reiki can greatly improve health and well-being by working on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level simultaneously. This healing modality treats the whole person, revitalizing the body’s own healing potential by restoring greater balance and allowing the natural life force to flow more freely.
What's a Reiki treatment like?
- Reiki is practiced with gentle hand positions on the body.
- The receiver is fully clothed and lying down on a massage table.
- Each treatment is unique as the experience is personal.
- For most it is a very relaxing experience. Almost immediately you'll feel calm and relaxed. This is because your nervous system quickly responds and switches over into the "rest and digest" mode.
- Reiki accesses all the levels of our being. It's an intelligent energy and goes to where it is needed most.
- In a treatment you might notice it's physical effect on you and feel sensations: heat, movement, vibration. However, you might not feel any sensations at all.
- You might notice it's mental effect through the thoughts or memories that might come up.
- You might notice it's emotional effects through emotions that stir up: anger, frustration, fear, love, acceptance, gratitude, etc.
- You might have a spiritual experience, it might feel like a journey or a visit to a whole different space and time.
What will Reiki help me with?
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Physical injuries, aches, pains and illnesses
- Pre/post op care
- Prenatal/postnatal wellness
- Emotional distress
- Grief, depression, trauma
- Change and Transitions
- Blockages and fears
- Spiritual growth
Preparing for your session
I recommend taking a moment before you arrive for your session to think about your intention for healing. Ask yourself what feels off? Where do you need support? What might be throwing you off balance?
I also use crystals and stones during the treatment. If you have some of your own that you want to bring along, please feel free!
$70 per session
Sessions are 60-75 min long.
Sessions take place in my private studio in North Oakland.
Bartering for goods and services is totally an option, please feel free to suggest alternate payment methods.