Hey there Crystal Lovers!
Once again, I’m so glad that you’re here and you’re open and willing to explore the subtle realms of working with stones. Today we’re going to dive right into programming our stones.
First of all, what does that even mean?
When we program a stone, we’re basically dedicating a specific stone to aid us in manifesting a specific intention.
When I first started working with stones, programming always sounded like this big thing, I expected it to be a complicated process, I was almost disappointed at how simple it was.
The thing is, sometimes, we don’t give things the credit they deserve just because of their simplicity. We don’t realize that even if something is simple, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s easy.
How do you do it?
STEP 1 - SET YOUR INTENTION
This is the most important step. In general, it’s really beneficial to be crystal clear about what we’re working towards, what we want, what we need. When we’re working with our stones, we really want to work with a sense of clarity. It might be helpful to journal or take a walk and ponder what it is that you want to align yourself with. This step can easily be overlooked when we’re used to living our lives on “autopilot” and just rolling with whatever is going on. Being mindful of our intentions is a pretty big thing so I just want to remind you to be kind with yourself if this step isn’t as easy as it seems.
Here are just a few examples of intentions to get you started:
- Attracting love
- Finding a new job
- Physical, mental or emotional healing
- Cultivating acceptance/forgiveness/optimism/gratitude/etc.
- Sticking to a goal
- Attracting luck or abundance
STEP 2 - CHOOSE YOUR STONE
If you have a few different stones, you’ll want to choose one to work with. Keep in mind, there is no right or wrong here. You can use any stone you want as long as it feels good and right. However, if you’re not sure which stone to chose, here are a few methods you could try:
- Use your intuition - Simply choose the stone you’re drawn to and trust your choice.
- Make an informed decision - Look up the attributes of your different stones and choose the one that seems most relevant to your intention. For example Rose Quartz could be a great stone to work with when your intention is attracting love.
- Choose by shape or structure of the stone - For example, if your intention is to cultivate acceptance or wholeness, using a sphere shaped stone could be a good idea. Or, if you want to heal a relationship, a heart shaped stone might feel right.
- Choose by color/chakra - If you’re into working with Chakras, choose a stone that corresponds with the color of the chakra your intention is influenced by. For example, if I want a stone to help me express myself more clearly, I could chose a blue stone, as blue corresponds with the throat chakra.
STEP 3 - CLEANSE YOUR STONE
I've covered this topic in a previous post.
STEP 4 - PROGRAM YOUR STONE
Before I get into this step, I'll start by saying once again, that there is no right or wrong here. You could potentially make it all up as you go. If what you do feels right to you - you’re doing it. We can get very attached to there being a”right” way, but, when working with energy, it’s all about the actual practice and not so much about the information. We each have our own personal way of interacting with subtlety.
Having said that, I’m sharing here what works for me:
- Find a comfortable sitting position (either in a chair or on a cushion)
- Hold the stone in your left hand. (Our left side corresponds with the feminine and receptive aspect of ourselves.)
- Try to feel the energy of the stone. This can be a bit challenging, as it requires us to settle down, get quiet and listen. If you’re not used to meditating and get fidgety very easily try to focus on the feeling of the stone physically resting in the palm of your hand, feel the stone touching your skin. That might be all you’ll feel and that’s perfectly fine!
- Say “Hi”. Remember, these stones are our friends we want to treat them with respect.
- Move the stone into your right hand. (Masculine outgoing side)
- State your intention (either silently or out loud).
- Ask your stone to please help and aid in manifesting this intention
- Imagine the intention merging with and infusing the stone. Take at least a minute or two (but you could go as long as you like) with the stone in your hand and your intention in your heart. If you are a visual person you could imagine the energy of the intention moving from your heart into your arm and all the way down to your hand and infusing the stone. You could also hold the stone close to your mouth and say your intention over and over and imagine the sound waves resonating with your stone. Again, use your imagination and intuition, there is no right or wrong.
Now your stone is programmed and ready to aid in manifesting your intentions!
For tomorrow’s new moon, you might want to try this out and program one of your stones to help release something you’re ready to release, or to attract something new and exciting into your life!
This is where I’m going to stop for now. Next time I’ll share some fun ways we can work with our programmed stones! Until then, have a wonderful day, take the time to sniff a flower and marvel at a stone.
Thanks for reading and blessings to you and your stones,
I’d love to hear from you!
Feel free to drop me a line and share your experience with programming your stones!
If you have questions or if there any specific topics you’d like me to cover comment below or shoot me an email!